Jan 22, 2008

"I'm kinda a big deal, people know me"

(My album finally dropped in Europe)


Well I have been making leaps and bounds here in France as far as riding and learning the area. I took a ride yesterday and found this amazing velodrome about that is only 1.6km from my apartment. I met a young man there that spoke a little english and told me they start racing in May. Bummer, I really want to watch that. I also found a great riding/running path that goes along a little river and is right next to my apartment.

On the way out of class today a French student stopped me and asked if I went to Fort Lewis, I stopped in my tracks. He had studied at my school in Durango for three semesters and actually recognized me from a class we had a few years ago! It is so awesome so finally meet a local who has great English and is our age. I think my roomies and I are gonna head over to his apartment in the next few days so we can all meet and greet so start what will be a very helpful and educational relationship.

About five minutes later I ran in to my friend Wesley, also from Fort Lewis College but he is studying here on his own and staying with a family. Well he is on the FLC Cycling team and has his bike on the way so we are going to be able to get in some riding together. Then, Wesley introduced me to about five other English speaking students from Europe and Afghanistan, so we will all be hanging out hopefully.

Oh, and the quote of the week from Kyle over here is: "I've gotta get a scarf so I don't look gay"

(Some people get a McGriddle on their way to work, I am fortunate enough to be able to grab an Almond Tart)


(Just your everyday sweet tugboat on a lift)



(...And I thought a lot of people rode their bike to school in Colorado)