Jan 20, 2008

I got in my first little ride today and was able to better scope out the town. I'm not too confident in traffic yet so as you can see below I stuck to the bike path that went along the coast. We start classes tomorrow so today a group of us took our first walk to the school to figure out the timing and directions. On foot it's a 30 minute walk so that will make it tough on 'ole Noah for the 8:00am class everyday.

However there is a superb bakery about three blocks from school so that place will know us well by the end of the trip. The University we are studying at has a pretty big campus with all the little lunch places around it like you would find in the states. I am interested in "La Hacienda le Soile" I think its called.

I also just read about Ille de Re, an island off the coast of La Rochelle so I will be sure to make some trips across the 3km bridge and hang out with the sand between my toes.

(The coast next to school)


(Here is a good shot of the pedestrian/bike path, and that may be a school building in the background)


(Another shot of the path in La Rochelle)


(It looks like these are all apartments and behind me when I took this picture was the ocean, so needless to say they have an amazing view)


(Its not exactly South Beach but it will work)


(Another cool building on the coast in La Rochelle)



(I should be a solid cyclo cross racer when I get back to the States, these are the stairs I must walk pre and post ride to get to my apartment)