Jun 19, 2007

Today was a 50 miles, 6 lap circuit. The extreme thunder storms stopped for the most part right before the 5:00pm start, it was still sprinkling. On lap 4 I flatted and Bam Bam (Jason Macom) actually pulled over before I did to give me the wheel off his bike, what an awesome teammate! Then the caravan actually work against me getting back on. I would work my way past more than half of the cars, then grandpa in his Lincoln Town car would actually slow down when I got behind him, letting the peloton get a bigger gap, meanwhile I am riding my butt off to survive without being caught by the 20 man group about 5 minutes behind. Grandpa then almost crashed my team car, tires screeching to a hault. I finally made it back onto the group and finished in the mix. Wow, what a day. We came out looking like we just did a mud-fest cyclo cross race. More to come tomorrow....