Feb 20, 2010



Here it is, the first race of the year. Myself and a few guys from work are heading down to Monroe, Louisiana for a one day, two stage event on 2/21/10.  I have made a tough decision to not follow my original plan, and team mates to Austin, TX for the Walburg and Pacebend races this weekend. I opted to not spend 18 hours in a car in February, for what would be a training race for me. Work, life and Mardi Gras have gotten in the way of consistant training over the past 12 days so it couldn't be justified. This is a strategic decision to better my season and start out motivated and rested while off the bike.

Not to belittle the race in Monroe, I am very much looking forward to riding my new TT bike that has 75 minutes of riding on it total. There is a 20k TT in the morning, followed by a 40 min. crit in the afternoon. It is also the first time to slip on the new Panther pb Competitive Cyclist team kit. They turned out well, images coming soon. I'm anxious to see what you think because I helped design them with Zach Spinhirne-Martin.

We are also making the final adjustments to the official Team Panther website, once that is launched I will be sure to point you there.